- Purposeful and meaningful work
- Great work culture and set of corporate values
- Be a part of a global team that enables charitable giving
Directly reports to the Controller.
Perform all basic accounting functions, including recording and reconciling transactions and general ledger accounts.
Assist in Accounting Frameworks (US GAAP, IFRS etc.) and tax research.
Keeping the books and records of multiple business entities in various jurisdictions up-to-date and accurate, including the entry of transactions, customer and vendor data, and complex reconciliations, and the production of monthly fund statements.
Assist in the daily reconciliation and month-end closing processes.
Provide accounting and tax-related support as needed.
Preparation of regulatory filings in various jurisdictions including local compliance requirements.
Provide general filing and administrative support.
Maintain and grow professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Document the professional and organizational knowledge gained.
Maintain and update accounting records and files.
Identify documentation and process improvements.
- The workday would run from 5 PM 2 AM (Philippine Time) to maximize the overlap with European and US Eastern Time work hours
- Remote/Work from home majority of the time, but space to work in the office is provided if preferred by employees.
- May report in person once a week or less, and as needed for important meetings & corporate activities.
- Willing to work more than 8 hours per day, as needed; ability to handle pressure during peak periods during the year, availability to handle issues outside of normal working hours.
- Successfully take on delegated areas of responsibility with minimal supervision and motivation
- Develop a complete and proficient understanding of the uniquely complex accounting protocols of multiple business entities. Be able to book complex entries and reconciliations.
- Work with self-initiative and strong attention to detail. The outcome is that all job tasks would be accomplished quickly.
- Assist the superiors in the accomplishment of assigned projects and tasks
Qualifications (Education, Training & Experience):
- Graduate of Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Strong accounting background with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- CPA is a plus, but not required
- Proficiency in spreadsheet financial analysis applications (graphs, pivot tables, v-lookups)
- Oracle NetSuite, QB and Xero experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience in fund and/or non-profit accounting is preferred
- Experience with for-profit and non-profit governmental filings is preferred
- Experience with Philippine regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of charitable, family foundation, and high net worth individual related matters are preferred
Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal, spiritual, and professional maturity
- Actively integrates biblical principles in day-to-day behavior, exhibiting unremitting integrity and strong moral character
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy
- Diagnostic skills for routine reconciliations among funds and accounts
- Demonstrates analytical, technical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- High-level sense of ownership and accountability
- Fast and a continuous learner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well both in a team setting and independently
- Demonstrated initiative in mastering new technical areas quickly
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of accounting and tax software programs such as Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to maintain sensitivity concerning business and confidential matters
- Ability to maintain pleasant rapport with customers via email communication.