Be a part of a revolutionary change!
At PMI, we've chosen to do something incredible. We're totally transforming our business and building our future on one clear purpose - to deliver a smoke-free future.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you'll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Our new vision means we're reinventing our financial modelling, planning and forecasting tools. Join us in Finance and you'll work across the full breadth of the business, making sure our new commercial model is profitable and sustainable. There's something new to learn every single day: changes to integrate and challenges to conquer. If you love working collaboratively and taking risks, you'll be in your element here.
Our work spans the globe and includes audit, treasury, internal control and commercial financial support. Whether your skills are in financial control, planning and forecasting, data analytics or digital risk, there's space to move your career forward in any number of directions.
Your day to day
As a Tax Analyst, you are responsible for the execution of all tax matters (Direct, Indirect, TP and Tax Accounting), specifically excise-related matters as imposed and regulated by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), and related processes in the market in compliant, efficient, and effective manner.
Your core responsibilities:
Be up to date with relevant legislation and execute best in class operational Tax processes for Tax reporting, Tax provision, transfer pricing, indirect and direct tax compliance
Execute and ensure timely and accurate filing of all tax filings obligations in the respective markets. Ensure timely payment and/or refund of all tax obligations.
Excise Compliance - Export
- Review/validation of supporting documents and preparation and submission of export permit applications to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) as a regulatory and customs requirement for export shipments - involving management of 16k documents, reports, and permits per year
- Follow through on permit approval by BIR
- Management of product replenishment and timeline supporting export, including issuance/re-issuance by BIR of Product Replenishment Certificate (PRC) for advance excise tax deposit/export liquidation and Product Replenishment Debit Memo (PRDM) for every shipment of 15 to 20 export shipments per week subject to liquidation to BIR within 90 days from date of shipment (to avoid forfeiture of the excise tax value for replenishment)
- Reconciliation and reporting of PRC/PRDM monthly GL
- Management of documents as audit defense files and in preparation for the application for refund of the advance excise tax deposit once the export mechanism shifts to export bond
- Filing in the BIR's Electronic Filing and Payment System (EFPS) of advances and utilization of inspection fee to support export and related monthly reconciliation
- Reconciliation of excise tax balances
- Periodic review of Tax Compliance Program
Advisory and trainings provided to respective teams in the organization in the tax area to assure proper tax risk mitigation.
Ensure proper system set up and master data related set up for tax processes
Continuous streamlining of the tax processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
Support the tax audits and communication with the Fiscal Authorities.
Who we're looking for
. A graduate of a reputable school with a degree in Accountancy, Taxation, Law or Economics
. At least 2 years of experience in taxation matters.
. Knowledge of Regional and National Tax concepts
. SAP knowledge as an asset
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
. Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We'll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
. Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected collaborate with some of the world's best people and feel like you belong.
. Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business - our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
. Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to build a smoke-free future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of July 2020, PMI estimates that approximately 11.2 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI&#8217;s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 57 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI (https://www.pmi.com/) and PMIScience (https://www.pmiscience.com/) websites.