This is a remote position.
About the Client:
Spirit Technology Solutions specialises in delivering business IT solutions, specifically designed to service a wide range of clientele, from small businesses to large corporate organisations. Spirit provides a broad range of technical services, across multiple technologies. The teams are skilled in engineering, optimisation, and management of client infrastructure. We are a dynamic, growing organisation and this is a great opportunity to join us at a very exciting time for the business.
The systems engineer acts as an escalation point for the Triage team who will answer calls, raise tickets, and perform initial troubleshooting. They will then follow a set of procedures prior to escalating a ticket to the systems engineer. A systems engineer is expected to complete the above-listed tasks while holding additional duties including but not limited to, escalation handling, documentation, and mentoring system technicians.
The Systems Engineer will be required to resolve issues in a timely manner and maintain professional, consistent communication with clients. They are expected to set the standards of performance and behavior for the service desk team and adhere closely to all set procedures to ensure smooth operational effectiveness.
The Systems Engineer may be required to attend customer sites for a pre-arranged scheduled visit for regular maintenance or on an ad-hoc basis when the client has a support request that requires onsite technical assistance.
Provide client support in accordance with Spirit's high standards.
- Provide mentor support to systems technicians.
- Answer incoming calls from clients, raise tickets and record accurate details.
- Respond to new and existing tickets
- Act as a point of contact for clients for Incidents and Service Requests.
- Perform systems engineer support as required such as:
- Configure and deploy workstations and other relevant hardware
- Diagnose and resolve application, server, desktop and network issues
- Communicate with clients in a clear and professional manner
- Manage expectations as required and work to resolve client issues
- Accurately record all time and details performed on tickets.
- Communicate with clients as required: keeping them informed of scheduled events, and ticket progress.
- Respond to client outages in required time frames based on organizational and industry standards
- Understand organizational and industry processes and applying them to incidents and problems.
- Document any changes in line with organizational and industry standards and drive the accurate completion of documentation.
- Initiate process reviews and recommendations and work with managers to maintain them.
- Work with vendors and third parties as required for resolution of client issues.
- Attend client sites at scheduled times as required for resolution of client issues.
- Engage with account managers for highlighting potential client risk.
- Proactively monitor and maintain client environments.
- Provide professional service to clients while meeting contract obligations.
- Assist Professional Services and senior team when required with projects and/or major outages.
- Where necessary, participate in after-hours works and on-call roster
WHAT WE OFFER:
Permanent Work-from-home setup
Great Place to Work-Certified Company
Holistic employee experience
Rewards and incentives
Monthly engagement activities
Career advancement opportunities
Paid referral program