We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Accountable to the Fund Administration Team in MBPS, the role is primarily accountable for providing regulatory reports for our funds in EMEA region. The role will support London office and ensure the quality and timeliness of each requirements. Monitoring and maintaining oversight will also be a key aspect of this role. The successful candidate will also assist in the design of controls to improve the risk management framework, enhance documentation, and assess an optimal production processes related to the Investment Operation team and participate in adhoc projects, as assigned.
What motivates you
Working knowledge of MIFIR, RTS 22 or ESMA guidelines on transaction reporting
Responsible for the preparation of reconciliations and investigation
Responsible for identifying issue, owning items through to completion
Vendor management/relationship with the ARM (Approved Reporting Mechanism)
Responsible for the UAT/Beta testing of changes to system to ensure correct reporting to the FCA
Producing/oversight of management information highlighting risks
Assisting with replays/back reporting requirements
Provide coverage across EMIR reg reporting, MiFID II Research Costs and EMT/RTS28 reporting
Ensure operational effectiveness of systems and controls
Special projects will arise from time to time that will require strong financial knowledge, strong analytical and organizational skills with an innovative mindset. The role will be re sponsible for handling projects as required by the management pertaining to the introduction of new services, products and processes designed.
What we are looking for
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What can we offer you
- University degree in accounting and finance
- Regulatory Reporting experience is an advantage.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a financial services company and/or shared services environment
- Good understanding of the end-to-end production environment, and the impact of changes to the reporting process, production schedule, and all the systems and applications supported by Finance.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and influencing skills.
- Ability to remain updated on the evolving regulatory landscape - including new/amended rules & regulations and hot topics in risk management.
- Ability to work in ambiguous environment and adapt to change while managing time and workload with aggressive timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across cultures. Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in using Bloomberg Terminal and functions RHUB, AUDT, TC
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Excel (i.e. mastery of excel formulas and pivot tables is a must VBA is a plus). Proficient in MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Project.
- Capable of building a business case for potential process improvements including cost/benefit analysis
- Flexible on shift and overtime may be required to meet business deadlines.
- Participates in educational opportunities reads professional publications maintains networks and participates in professional organization to always be up to date on job knowledge.
Our commitment to you
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
About Manulife and John Hancock
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as MFC on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under 945 in Hong Kong.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer