DIGITAL WAYS TO A CLEANER WORLD
Do you want to work for a company with Irish roots and a global impact A leader in environmental services, AMCS is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the cutting edge of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 5,000 customers in 23 countries. AMCS employs over 1200 people across 22 countries, headquartered in Ireland with offices in North America, Europe, Australia & Asia
AMCS offers team members more than just a job, but an opportunity to map out a career with a company that is growing, evolving and setting out new ways of working that are having a positive impact on the world around us. AMCS was established in Ireland and holds onto those local roots and start-up mentality with a culture of connection. Connection to our work, our customers, our colleagues and our community that creates a working environment that fosters openness, collaboration and creativity.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Senior Full Stack PHP Developers to join our expanding team at our offices in Cebu City, Philippines
You complete one of three product teams that primarily deals with the further development of the application as well as the usability and work closely with five developers, a product owner, a scrum master as well as a manual tester according to the scrum methodology.
- As part of a long-lived and stable development team you will enhance and maintain our established and successful product solution in the ESHQ market
- As a team member of a cross-functional scrum team you support the product owner with the refinement of features and (user) stories and the identification of functional and non-functional requirements for upcoming implementation work
- Design, implementation, and quality assurance of new features for the product
- Modernization, maintenance, improvement, and bug fixing of the existing codebase and solution
- Database design and optimization of the data management in our SQL backend
Skills and Competencies
- A proven track record and several years of experience with full stack development in a PHP environment
- Excellent knowledge of the Symfony framework, knowledge of Doctrine is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English, German is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of common software and architecture design principles and pattern
- Experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Good understanding of software architecture, software design and TDD / BDD
- Proficient use of integrated development environment (IDE) and version control (git), Docker
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent.
- 5-10 years experience in an Information Technology environment, specializing in Software Development, would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication and personal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and form effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties.
- High levels of drive and energy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm and general interest in Software Development.
- A passion for user interface
- Commitment to on-going personal development
Join us drive a more sustainable future and enjoy these benefits:
- Health insurance covering up to three dependents on day 1
- 15 vacation leave and 15 sick leave
- Employee shuttle service
- On-site food and free flowing coffee
- Comprehensive learning and development platform that provides on-the-job training on key skills with the ability to regularly self-assess and track your progress centrally