Requisition ID: 271474
- Relocation Authorized: National - Camp
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Sharma
NEOM Project Summary: Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel and Jordan.It will cover a total area of26,500 km2 (10,200 sq. mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea . NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.Position Summary
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the Engineering Department, a Project Engineer is required to combine their technical experience and knowledge for the management of design by the client's design consultants for Regional Infrastructure Projects.
Support the Design Project Manager in managing and delivering the design in accordance with the Programme and the requirements of the client.
Coordinate and monitor the development of the design consultant's planned activities and provide progress reports to Design Project Management, highlighting performance to plan.
Plan and organize the review of the design consultant's deliverables, interfacing with subject matter experts and design review teams.
Provide quality assessment reports to Project Management and the client.
Assist the Contracts Department and Construction teams in pre-construction and post contract award activities.Major Responsibilities
Skills And Qualifications
- Management of design activities and coordination of workloads for Infrastructure projects.
- Plan, coordinate, manage and monitor the review of design deliverables produced by the client's design consultant, including reports, providing feedback to the Design Project Manager regarding progress, key issues and risk.
- Coordinate and manage the design review of the design consultant's hazard and risk logs.
- Coordinate the response to comments raised on deliverables by the likes of subject matter experts, the design review team, the Independent Checking Engineer, and Independent Safety Assessors.
- Ensure the buildability of the proposed design and suitability of materials.
- Coordinate engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors.
- Coordinate and visit the jobsite as required, to resolve problems, interpret drawings and documents and provide technical support during the construction phase.
- Coordinate with other disciplines, consultants, and attend project meetings from time to time.
- Coordinate with Contracts Department and Construction teams for supporting the pre-construction procurement process and the checking and assembly of the design documentation for issue as design-build or design-bid-build tender packages as required.
- Review contractor's construction drawings, respond to technical queries and technical submittals to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Review design and engineering studies prepared by local and international engineering firms.
- Review changes or deviations in design scope, material quantities, budget or schedule, and assists particularly with defining the change, obtaining accurate estimates of the hours involved, and recommending budget adjustment.
- Participate in site visits and investigations led by designers.
- Take an active role in design reviews, interdisciplinary design reviews and provide comments.
- Perform work that involves conventional design practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Provide guidance for assured design quality and compliance with the client's requirements, design guidelines, statutory requirements, local and international codes, standards and norms, and international standards of independent firms that are carrying out the detailed design.
- Report progress, critical issues and risk to EPM design manager.
Shaping tomorrow togetherBechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- University/College graduate with BS in Engineering with minimum 10+years of relevant experience.
- Experience in managing the design/installation/operation/maintenance of Infrastructure projects.
- Experience in both design-build and design-bid-build forms of procurement with contractors and consultants.
- Experience in field construction and inspection for initial acceptance.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards pertinent to the discipline.
- T horough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems and design calculations.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D) e.g AutoCAD, MS Word and Excel for managing design reviews.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- A professional license from a recognized licensing or registration board.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- Willingness to relocate to the job site in Saudi Arabia.
- Proactive, supportive, inquisitive, challenging and result driven.
- Hard working and motivated with high self-initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, changing priorities and work with ambiguity.
- Help others and receive help from others in achieving goals.
- Acknowledge and value contribution from other team members.
- Promote the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.