... Active Top Secret Clearance Required ...
The HVAC Technician is responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, compressors (multiple types), commercial boilers, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, semi-hermetic compressors, split systems, air compressors, air driers, and packaged units to support our Global Government Services business line in the DMV area and projects overseas. Candidates are expected to have knowledge of complex systems, including working with systems with redundant/back-up components plus have experience in working with controls systems that operate the HVAC systems being worked on.
- Install, maintain, and repair heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Analyze, Plan, and Perform Preventive Maintenance of various HVAC Systems.
- Plan shutdowns for maintenance and repair pumps including chill water, heating water and condensation pumps.
- Install conduit, wiring, hard drawn copper tubing and possibly ductwork.
- Troubleshoot, repair and make modifications to HVAC System.
- Adhere to all city, state, and federal regulatory statues.
- Maintain maintenance records as required by regulations provided by Customer.
- Ability to learn & evaluate building control systems to analyze proper HVAC system operation & efficiency.
- Order and maintain parts needed to repair and maintain HVAC Equipment.
- Experience working in live facilities & following appropriate safe work practices (i.e. lock-out tag-out, etc.)
- Manage relationship with all major vendor accounts.
- Maintain a high quality of service at all times.
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Properly maintain and safeguard assets.
- Able to work well on a team notably building Operations teams to assist/review PMs performed and work alongside other trades (i.e. electrical) on various tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- HVAC Experience minimum 5 - 10 Years Required.
- Journeyman Level Experience Required.
- CFC Universal Certification.
- Required ability to lift and/or carry moderate weight (15-50 pounds), sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, reach, repetitive hand motions, hear, speak, may experience prolonged and irregular work hours, and work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to customer, management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to work around commercial power & cooling systems this should include knowledge & direct experience working on large commercial mechanical systems such as commercial closed-loop chilled water systems, pumps, boilers, air-handling units, fan coil units, etc.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Ability to use/develop troubleshooting techniques for various electrical/control/mechanical systems in both standard and high-stress situations (i.e. emergency response)
-Already holds USG clearance
- Must be able to read & understand construction blue prints.
- OSHA 30 certified or better.
- Experience in large, commercial scale equipment preferred, such as centrifugal chillers, 40 to 100hp pumps, closed-loop chilled water systems, dry cooler-based systems, water softeners, domestic water pumping systems, computer-room grade cooling units, underfloor cooling systems, dampers, controller & computer-workstation based control systems, split-system heat pumps, etc.
- Must have proficient computer skills direct experience working with plant control systems a plus.
- Must have knowledge and experience of commercial facilities including aspects of planning, training, scheduling, safe work practices and incident free operations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communications skills.
-Work effectively with multi-cultural personnel to execute work assignments.
-Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills and organizational accountability processes.
-Good multi-tasking skills.
-Basic understanding in MS-Office programs.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Notice to Candidates:
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.