With minimal guidance, act as part of local Finance team to perform specialty accounting functions in accordance with company / appropriate accounting and finance policies and procedures. Provide support to various parties on accounting / finance matters. Prepare financial reports and ensure statutory compliances in a timely manner. Contribute to the continuous improvement of all areas in process scope by providing recommendations or initiating / implementing projects. Work Setup is Hybrid.
SPECIALTY PROCESSING - Perform specialty accounting functions such as maintaining, reconciling, analyzing and preparing financial data / reports including audit and tax related schedules and returns as necessary. Specialty accounting functions include, but are not limited to:
- preparation and review of a variety of financial / tax documents, schedules, reports, listings, summaries, returns, etc. for completeness and accuracy
- providing expertise in the investigation and analysis of significant changes in key account balances
- identifying and implementing solutions to resolve significant changes to key account balances
- analysis of assigned system reports to ensure accuracy, research and resolve problems; ensure integrity of data
- communicating to various parties to obtain correct information or financial data
- checking of internal records against other current sources such as third-party documents; investigate differences and take required action to ensure that records are accurate and up to date
- operating the accounting / finance and related systems, including input, edit, retrieval and analysis of transactional data
- preparation and compilation of various reports as required for special studies and projects
- providing recommendations for future system enhancements and process improvements
- facilitating continuous improvement efforts within the team
SUPPORT Provide assistance / communicate to team members, customers, suppliers, stakeholders and other external parties on accounting and finance matters.
- Assist Finance Manager on various tasks when needed.
- Apply analytical techniques to one or more disciplines. May perform statistical analyses and create accurate reports within the established time frames as required. Select and use appropriate accounting / financial system to effectively analyze data. Compile and analyze financial information. Effectively communicate findings and make recommendations to management, including key stakeholders and business leaders.
- Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation. Listen to and communicate with customers to obtain all required information necessary to determine and address their specific needs; tactfully explain why, if service cannot be provided. Respond to individuals in manner and timeframe promised or follow-up to explain status. Provide clear, accurate information; explain procedures or provide supplemental information; anticipate problems or questions.
COMPLIANCES- Timely preparation, submission of statutory reports and payments. Close monitoring of statutory deadlines.
PROJECTS Champion projects initiated by global or local finance team. May include developing projects to improve accounting / financial processes.
OTHERS Process transactions in accordance with company / appropriate accounting and finance policies and procedures. Maintain and update the team's records management for tracking, communications and continuous improvement purposes. All other necessary tasks as may be assigned by management.
Functional Complexities and Duties
- Prepare timely monthly financial and statutory reports ensuring integrity and accuracy of data.
- Review monthly balance sheet and profit and loss accounts and propose appropriate reconciling / adjusting journal entries.
- Statutory reports filing and payment (SEC, BIR, PEZA, BOI, etc.)
- Project formulation and implementation.
- Prepare or review work-papers for internal / external auditors.
- May facilitate training to customers and supervise accounting staff in future.
Key Skills & Experiences
Associate degree or Bachelor's Degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
At least 2 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding of the functions related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of People Soft or other E.R.P. system's finance / accounting modules.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accurately populating databases with necessary information in designated time periods.
Demonstrates clear, concise and succinct communication skills including adapting both verbal and written communication to the needs and level of the user