At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, more than 80 000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
System Construction Coordination Manager - also called OPC Manager - is coordinating all Alstom Sub Systems Construction andInstallation activities in support to the Project Manager ensuring application of the project's strategy and compliance with Alstom'strategy, policies, standards, local regulations and professional standards.
- Ensure the overall Alstom coordination internally, with the CW partner and all the external stakeholders
- Ensure the implementation of progress monitoring concerning the construction activities and compare to planned durations and productivities
- Consolidate data from all the constructors in order to manage the work scheduling
- Ensure reporting of construction progress to the Global Works Coordinator and to Alstom Project Management
- Keep detailed records of all activities and events that occur in work areas (daily site report updates)
- Manage communication with the external stakeholders and ensure availability of all the documentation required for construction
- Enforce the observance of the Health and Safety Management Plan and Environmental Plan
- Enforce training of all individuals acting on the field on HSE requirements
- Monitor the observance of the stipulations laid down in the Project Quality Documentation by the site management team
- Contribute to the coordination of Testing and Commissioning activities of all the areas still under construction responsibility
- Prepare and report the financial budget of the Construction Management group for presentation to upper management
- Continuously review the project schedule and assess impacts in case of any changes
- Maintain communication with the Project Construction Manager
- Gathering inputs and close coordination with (or direct management of, depending of the Project Org. Chart) Project Traffic Management Team (mainly on Light Rail / Tram projects)
- Gathering inputs and close coordination with (or direct management of, depending of the Project Org. Chart) Project Working Train Manager (mainly on Main line or Metro projects)
- Work-package management QCDP (quality, cost, delivery and performance)
- Savings through Risk mitigation and Opportunities management, Cash by sales milestones achievement
- Quality, EHS: monitoring, anticipation and reporting on progress and issues
Highly qualified technician or Engineer degree level or equivalent education or experiences
- Previous experience in a major Infrastructure Project or major Company Branch Management is required
- Cost and planning control experience in site management scope
- EHS background
You don't need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you'll be proud. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
Important to note
As a global business, we're an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 63 countries we operate in. We're committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.