We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
4-5 sentence summary of role and day to day tasks.
How will you create impact
- Support both solutioning projects from Intake to Implementation phases
- Elicit requirements from key stakeholders
- Bridge the gaps between the development team and the clients.
- Create both required (BRD, User Stories, Test Grid) and as-needed documents based on the project need.
- Seek document or decision sign-off from key stakeholders.
- Coaches/trains associate business analysts within or at times outside the team.
- Create user manuals and prepare roadshows to showcase the project in collaboration with the development team.
- Train end-users.
- Create Ad-hoc reporting as required by the Program Management Office (PMO).
Business Analysts play an important role in identifying opportunities within processes or systems to make them more efficient and effective.What motivates you
What we are looking for
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
About Manulife and John Hancock
- 2 to 3 years of demonstrated experience in developing business requirements. Candidates with more experience will be considered for the Senior Business Analyst role.
- Ability to conduct interviews to determine business needs and specifications.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills to win support for new initiatives while building on relationships with the business units.
- Prior knowledge in handling solutioning and/or process improvement projects.
What can we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
- Our mission: to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as MFC on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under 945 in Hong Kong.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer