Intermediate Back-end Software Developer
Working Arrangement: Hybrid
The Group Benefits team is looking for seasoned Intermediate Software engineer with an engineering mindset and a passion for designing, developing, improving, and supporting cool software products, particularly data interfaces between systems. You will initially join a development team to assist in the delivery of customer centric solutions. You would emerge knowing the people, processes, and technologies for both development and support / operations at our company. This will allow you to add immense value and grow your career
As an Intermediate Backend Software Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with product and engineering managers, software engineers, and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, through the delivery of products and services with strong and extendable architectural design
- Contribute to application and technical architecture plans as they relate to the tools and systems in place within our organization.
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
- Be part or lead initiatives within Business Unit to develop and improve standards and methodologies.
- Influence and lead discussions with our strategic vendors to advance our platforms and deliver value sooner
- Work with Associate Engineers to collaborate with our Architecture team realizing the strategic vision of Manulife's technology stack
You will bring and continuously build upon:
- Experience in IT for at least 5+ years with 2 or more years in a similar position
- Solid hands-on experience in C#, .NET Core, .NET Framework
- Experience with Azure SQL database platform
- Cloud based development experience with Cloud Foundry or similar platform.
- Experience in distributed event streaming such as Kafka, Event Hub or similar platform
- Developing junior engineers and a passion for growing staff within the organization
Manulife Philippines is an insurance company dedicated to providing Filipino families with reliable and forward-thinking solutions to various financial needs. Whether you need help securing your children’s education, your retirement, or simply want to build your savings, we are dedicated to finding the right solutions to help you achieve your dreams and goals.
Manulife Philippines is a subsidiary of Manulife Financial based in Canada, one of the largest life insurance companies in the world. As a leading insurance provider in the country, we are proud to offer a range of flexible and innovative products that address your financial needs.
LEVEL HIRING FOR