The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell's business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programmes like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell's Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
This role is intended to help Mechanical Maintenance engineers in work planning and implementing the standard work packs for preventive/corrective maintenance of mechanical equipment (rotating/static).
Purpose & Accountabilities
Understand the complexities and details of work planning with preventive and corrective maintenance activities and Prepare comprehensive work packs/task lists for preventive/corrective maintenance of Static & rotating equipment's in oil and gas industry, Petrochemical industry instruments by studying the operations and maintenance manuals of OEMs, general task lists, equipment specific task lists, Test certificates, maintenance reports, spare part list, preventive maintenance strategies etc., and technical discussions with global, site maintenance leads/technical authorities & OEMs/Vendors etc.,
Prepare preventive/corrective maintenance activities work pack and support maintenance and reliability engineers as assigned from end-to-end basis initial respond, carry out assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant technical availability.
Understand the machinery constructions and maintenance methods such as proactive / preventive / corrective maintenance being followed in operating units and assist them in making changes and improve readiness of maintenance with sufficient time before maintenance activities begin.
- Primary responsibility in preparing/developing work plan with comprehensive work packs from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general task list, equipment specific task lists, spare part list, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs , Asset best practices , technical implementation letter (TIL) etc., for heavy duty rotary equipment like engines, pumps, compressors, turbines etc., and static equipment like columns, safety valves, valves, pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc., as per Shell Standards
- Building work packs that include detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for overhauling / maintenance of each machine, parts required, resources, tools required, time required and relationship between tasks.
- Prepare Initial response, carry out assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant technical availability.
- Planning PM & CM work orders in Maximo/SAP and building library work packs that include detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for time & condition-based maintenance, breakdown maintenance, ordering parts required, service or tools required, estimating time required, Estimating cost of work order, network mapping and quality check points for minimum assurance tasks.
- Job hazard assessment, setting out risks anticipated required while performing tasks and creating Permit to work.
- Identifying the system condition for each operation activity tasks should be ascertained about the shutdown windows availability or suitable opportunities for maintenance activities.
- Planning of end-to-end work orders to enable efficient scheduling and ensure compliance of executable work orders.
- First level diagnosis of damage history, determining the failure mode based on anomaly reports and information given in corrective maintenance work request/ notification.
- Investigating and analysis of CM work request to identify the true cause of the problem and prepare work orders with the detailed tasks to repair the damage with as much as detailed information required to complete the job effectively including procedures, sketches, specifications, or drawings deemed necessary.
- Improving productivity by ensuring the resource, special tool, material, and service requirements availability before the job begins.
- Customize the equipment make and model specific work packs into site specific work pack by adding site conditions and parameters.
- Accommodate the PM library changes by converting the turnaround documents to the global work packs.
- Constantly engage with site maintenance leads, original equipment manufacturers, vendors and modify the work packs as recommended/required by the site maintenance personnel.
- Anticipate & plan for mandatory spares, tools and tackles and manpower required for the heavy-duty equipment based on the information extracted from maintenance manuals, collate any additional information about equipment & its spares, if required from the vendors and accommodate the information in the work pack.
- Interact and communicate with the site focal for Preventive Maintenance Libraries and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies about how the actual maintenance activities for heavy duty rotating equipment and other machinery have been planned and performed in various Operating Units of Shell.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipment and instruments and thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Identifying & resolving the bottlenecks for data analysis, maintaining issue logs and use the same in implementing changes/improvements in the processes.
- No Annual budgets which you directly control but can have influence over department and production area budgets.
- No direct staff, but the candidate is expected to coach/mentor less experienced staff.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels, across diverse time zones.
- The role will involve working in shifts (Afternoon/Evening/Late Evening Shifts) to have enough interface with the asset/plant to be supported remotely/virtually.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform multitask simultaneously.
- May involve travelling to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- University Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 2+ years of overall working experience in in Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals Industry
- Erection & commissioning/ operations and maintenance of heavy rotating equipment like turbines, engines (preferably natural gas engines), compressors (Centrifugal/ reciprocating compressors), centrifugal pumps etc., inspection & maintenance of static equipment like columns, safety valves, valves, pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc.
- Experience in preparing the maintenance work instructions, task lists, work packs, work, and manpower estimation for major maintenance/overhauling of the rotary/static equipment.
- Design, maintenance, troubleshooting experience and Knowledge of rotating machines such as centrifugal compressor, gas turbine, steam turbine, centrifugal pump, reciprocating compressor, screw compressor, positive displacement pump, Induced/Forced draught fan, cooler fan, and blower.
- Experience and knowledge in rotating machines performance and health monitoring.
- Experience in Technical Data and Documents management including processes and tools. For example, experience in Maximo EAM module implementation, skill in MS Office tools like Excel & Power BI.
- Proficiency in working with Primavera -P6, AutoCAD etc., shall be an added advantage.
- Hands on Experience in Plant Maintenance Area as an engineering/end user of Maximo EAM / SAP PM Module/ Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)/Document Management System etc.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Continuous Improvement and Knowledge of Lean CI methodology is an added value.