We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
- This role reports to the Assistant Manager of Risk and Controls - Integrated Approach Program.
- Analyzation and uploading of assigned Planning Risk Assessment (PRA) Audit Reports, in a GRC tool, based in agreed priorities.
- Execution of the analysis of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Report, regarding the Business Hierarchy in a GRC tool on a monthly basis.
- Analyzation of the plotting of Process Documentation Engagements of the team, according to set criteria.
- Supports the process, risk and control identification, documentation, and assessment for business units in all Asian jurisdictions and North America. Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Lead the assigned engagement in documenting the processes, risks, and controls in collaboration with business units and maintain the documentation on a set frequency in Archer (GRC tool)
- Review and implement change requests to the business process and common unit applications within Archer
- Support the IAP team with development of training material, communication templates, etc.
- Support the Integrated Approach Program's objectives and goals to effectively fulfill its mandates by working on other projects or tasks assigned by Stakeholders.
- Maintain good working relationship with the process owners / stakeholders by consistent communication and timely coordination of activities, to ensure that the engagement is executed properly, and concerns are addressed on timely manner.
- Other ad hoc initiatives.
Job Requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Competencies):
- Experience in Audit, ORM or IRM, Compliance reviews and assessments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Quick learning, detail-oriented, proven ability to manage multi-tasks before strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently under pressure and make prompt decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Team-oriented and able to work in a collaborative environment
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of cultural diversity
- Ability to document process flowchart or narrative
- Must have or be willing to acquire expertise with Visio
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Education/Professional Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related fields
- Strong knowledge in Risk Management, Internal Control and Audit Principles
- 1+ year working experience in a Public Accounting firm specializing in Insurance, Asset Management, Banking or Financial Services industriesAbout Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as MFC on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under 945 in Hong Kong.Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer