“No matter how busy you are, or how busy you think you are, the work will always be there tomorrow, but your friends might not be.” — Anonymous
Work, no doubt, is an integral part of our lives but there is always a need for a balance. Yes, Work-Life Balance is important and according to our new research, Filipinos have some of the best experiences of work-life balance in Southeast Asia. Nearly two thirds (65%) of working professionals in the Philippines said they are generally satisfied with their current work-life balance, although 28% said they would like more options to spend time with their friends and family.
The study found 41% of Filipino professionals feel ‘content’ with the balance of their personal and professional lives.
As part of the research, Monster.com in Southeast Asia surveyed more than 1000 working professionals in Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines to find out what aspects of work-life balance are most valued by them.
Overall, almost half of respondents across all three countries rated their current overall work-life balance as “average but could have more balance”. More than 80% felt good work-life balance can enhance productivity and positively impact the business.
Highlights of the Monster Work-Life Balance Research
- 41% of Filipinos feel ‘content’ with their balance between personal and professional lives.
- 59% of professionals said having flexible working hours that are suited to their lives and needs is a key aspect of work-life balance.
- 44% said their managers are supportive and understand that there is life beyond work. Findings of the research have been depicted in an interesting and easy to understand infographic – click here to view.
Monster – Work-Life Balance Campaign
Monster has launched the Work-Life Balance campaign to highlight the importance of prioritizing a modern approach to work and encouraging employers to implement policies that promote wholesome, complete and harmonious life.
For more videos of the Work-Life Balance, series Click here.
Moreover, the idea is to encourage job seekers to Find Better Jobs, Faster and go for the jobs that help them manage their work and personal lives in a more efficient manner. Search jobs here.
In order to inspire and help you manage your work efficiently, here are some interesting reads:
- 4 different ways to approach work-life balance
- 7 tips to ensure you stay healthy at work even working 24×7
- 4 hacks to better work life balance
- How to push back when you’re burnt out
If the above doesn’t help, find a better job that helps you balance your work and life. Sign up here to never miss a job that you aspire for.